The responsibilities will include:
- Interested in strategic, branded and concept-driven projects, not just technical ones
- Experience of running large hospitality projects including all aspects of the process: conceptualisation, FF&E design and procurement, technical design, specification, producing tender packages, budgets, and timings
- Excellent CAD skills including experience in producing full drawing packages
- Great knowledge of interior architecture and FF&E products and finishes, their fabrication techniques, and operational applications
- Project management skills and experience in managing large-scale projects
- Onsite experience across all stages of a project including liaising with contractors, suppliers, and clients
- Developing concepts that provide an original approach and a clever solution to the creative brief including scheming, material sourcing and selection, drawings, and creation of client presentations
- Producing CAD technical drawing packages for tender and construction: plans, elevations, sections, small power layouts, lighting plans, RCP’s, joinery and bathroom packages, floor and walls finishes
- Tracking the production of all drawings and other information required by the architects and contractors
- Producing detailed design schedules in excel
- Managing and adjusting designs to meet client’s expectations and budget requirements
- Attending site visits when needed, to ensure projects are in keeping with design and development and meeting with suppliers and contractors where necessary
- Excellent communication and client facing skills both written and in-person
- Able to work within a team and independently, to tight deadlines
- Professional, proactive, and dedicated approach
- Knowledge of designing bespoke furniture and managing execution of it with the furniture makers is desirable but not essential
- The candidate must have a minimum 4 years relevant experience and can demonstrate an understanding of luxury/high-end hospitality or private residential projects
- Confident communication skills, ability to present ideas to the studio co-founders and design team and liaise with contractors, consultants, and clients
- Strong conceptualisation skills
- Competent in preparing CAD drawings packages
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of the UK regulations and UK project stages
- On-site experience preferable
Must be fluent in (essential):
- Professional English
- Hand sketching
- 2D – AutoCAD
- 3D StudioMax or SketchUp
- Photoshop and InDesign
- Word and Excel
We are a growing studio that values equal opportunities, transparent and open communication. We keep the scope of our work ambitious, with a holistic attitude to each unique project, we collaborate with people who share our passion for enhancing lifestyles and improving environments through spatial design.
We are a friendly office, who enjoy socialising – we have dedicated monthly team lunches on Fridays as well as Summer and Christmas social events.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work from home on Wednesdays.
Please submit your CV, portfolio, and cover letter with your current salary with your application via the apply for job button below.
This is a Full-time position. Starting as soon as possible.
Due to the volume of applications, we can only reply to successful candidates; we review all portfolios received.